Friday, January 6, 2017

We Are One Fewer

I apologize for the long season of sadness in these pages.

In this new year, I would like to go forward in a more cheerful frame of mind. I do have a few happy things to report that I have held in abeyance for several months, simply because one of the happy things has taken up the majority of my time.

But before we move forward, I am sorry to have to tell you all that I have more sad news.

I am grieved to report that our beloved Travis has passed away. He was eleven years old. He was truly the straw that stirred the drink here at the Farm House, and as such, his absence is felt palpably--keenly--by all of us, every waking hour. Everyone loved Travis.

I will write more about Travis later.

Travis
August 12, 2005–December 18, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't let the "Comment as" dropbox annoy you:
Simply choose "Anonymous," and no one will check your papers.
Feel free to leave your name in the comment if you'd like.
I will be moderating the comments to keep out the spam.