Friday, August 25, 2017

Happy Birthday, Morning!

Today, August 25th, is an important day in Farm House history. On this day in 1865, Anne K. Johnson was born in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Of course, we know her better as Anne J. Wilson, who moved to the Farm House with her two sons in 1902, and lived here until her passing in 1969 at 104 years old.

I have a great deal to relate to you all. Let me give you a small preview by telling you that one of Anne's grandsons, Christian Gerard, visited some time back with his family. It was a red-letter day for the Farm House, and I promise to tell you all about it when I get my notes together. But let me give you one tid-bit right now.

Christian, whose family lived in the bay area, visited here one day in 1955, en route with his family to a new local attraction, Disneyland. He tells me that the family knew Anne as "Morning."

So Happy Birthday, Morning! It is very nice to get to know you better.

6 comments:

  1. Anne is my great-great-grandmother (through Lucian). Thank you for alerting me to her birthday today. I would love to hear any stories about her or other family members that you have learned. This side of my family has always been a mystery, one that I'm trying to unravel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Maren! I'm so happy you posted a comment. If you haven't seen it already, I've set out most of what I know at this post: http://ocriblecoblis.blogspot.com/2014/01/catching-up-with-wilsons.html
      and the following post.

      I hope to hear more from you!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I see that link is not clickable. It would be easier for you, then, just to go to the "Blog Archive" listing at the bottom of the left column on this page, click on "2014", and then click on "January." You'll see the link to the post, "Catching Up with The Wilsons."

      Oh, and feel free to e-mail me if you'd like.

      Delete
  2. Great delivery. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful site. Lots of helpful information here.
    I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing
    in delicious. And obviously, thanks to your sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit
    more. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't let the "Comment as" dropbox annoy you:
Simply choose "Anonymous," and no one will check your papers.
Feel free to leave your name in the comment if you'd like.
I will be moderating the comments to keep out the spam.